Due to limited dental services and to make access to dental appointments fair and equitable for all Bridges patients, we are making major changes to our dental clinics. Changes apply to ALL patients (even if you have been on the “list” for dental in the past – there is no longer any list). Please see below for procedures for all patients.
Effective immediately, we are moving to the following format for dental:
- The first 2 Tuesdays of each month from 5-8pm we will hold Open Dental Clinic for Bridges to Health patients (must have active Bridges Card).
- We will hold a lottery drawing for those present at 4:45pm and randomly select 6 patients for screening/treatment the same night.
- The 6 patients selected will go through registration, dental education, dental screening, and (if time permits) will have initial work completed.
- Patients will be allowed a maximum of 2 appointments every two years via the lottery system.
- After your appointment, you may request a Dental Treatment Plan (remaining work that needs to be completed) to take to your own outside dentist for continued treatment (at your own cost).
- Patients with abscesses (infections) or other emergent situations as identified through our medical side prior to Open Dental Clinics will be formally referred to outside dental offices who have agreed to see Bridges patients free of charge for that emergent situation only. If you are referred to an outside dentist and you can not make your scheduled dental appointment, you MUST call the outside dentist directly to cancel a minimum of 24 hours ahead of time. Dental appointments are extremely limited – if you miss a dental appointment you will no longer be eligible for dental services at Bridges or the outside dentist.
NOTE: Bridges volunteer dentists reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients who are not attempting to take care of their teeth or who are using illegal drugs to the detriment of their own oral health. If you need a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss, let us know and we can provide one.
Because our dental services are extremely limited, we encourage you to seek dental services on your own, if possible, to get the care that you need. See below for a list of affordable dental options in our area.
Discounted Dental Options:
Indiana Health Center at Kokomo Dental Clinic
#765-864-4160 (x3, then x2)
3118 S. LaFountain St., Kokomo, IN 46902
Open Door Dental Clinic – Muncie, IN
333 S. Madison Street, Muncie IN 47305